Quickly scaffolding manifests:
kubectl create deployment foo \ --image=nginx:1.21 \ --dry-run=client \ -o yaml
K8s YAML generator with descriptions:
- Do I see the resources I expect?
- What are their states?
- What are the events?
- Does the describe line up with your manifest?
- Are there errors in the logs?
- Are your requests making it to the application?
- read manifests
- Understand the system holistically
Common helpful questions:
- How do labels work/what are your labels doing?
- Can you trace a request from your laptop to the application?